The southwestern flare of this dish screams summer, which is exactly the type of weather I’ve been craving. This week’s weather has been beautiful, apart from last weekends snow. Chicago weather, please make up your mind! Anyways, this recipe was very satisfying and nice and lean! I made some rice to with the fish and veggies and it really hit the spot. However, if you want to keep this a Paleo meal, skip the rice. The flavor of the spices on the fish and the veggies melded perfectly and it has been added to tilapia rotation!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 6-ounce tilapia fillets
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 Zucchini
- 2 Green/Yellow/Red Peppers
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a small bowl, mix garlic powder, chili powder and cayenne. Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over both sides of tilapia.
- Coat a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Arrange tilapia in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle tilapia with the remaining tablespoon of oil and bake until golden brown and flesh begins to flake, 7 to 9 minutes. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
- Saute peppers and zucchini in olive oil and garlic salt.