Today’s going to be a two-for-Thursday deal- the perks of having no school today! I decided to make a delicious breakfast for my family in celebration 🙂 I found this recipe and was curious on how they’d turn out since they were made with store-bought crescent rolls and pie filling and took such little effort. I’m so glad I made these because they were pretty darn good! I’ll definitely make these again sometime and am interested in making an apple version. Let me know what you think!
Easy Cherry Turnovers
What you’ll need:
- 2 cans store-bought crescent rolls
- 1-1.5 cups cherry pie filling
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream (or milk or half & half)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to do:
- Preheat oven to temperature specified on crescent roll package. (Ours was 375 degrees F).
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the triangles.
- Place a heaping tablespoon or so of cherry pie filling at the wide end of each crescent roll, and gently roll it up.
- Place on baking sheet, and bake according to package directions, 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- While baking, prepare the glaze.
- Combine confectioners sugar, cream and vanilla in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- The glaze should be thin enough to coat and run off a spoon, so add more sugar or liquid as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Generously pour glaze over hot rolls (the more glaze the better!) and enjoy warm.
Enjoy! What is your favorite kind of turnover?