“No brainer” dishes are my kind of thing. These BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches were easy and with only 5 ingredients, what’s there to complain about? Who cares if they aren’t the most colorful and artistic looking sandwiches in the world, they were yummy and easy. Boom, done, end of story. So, if you like BBQ with a hint of sweetness coming from pineapple, then these are for you! Oh, and definitely try pulled pork or chicken sandwiches on pretzel rolls. They’re the bomb dot com.
Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
What you’ll need:
- 3 pounds Boneless Chicken Breast, Thighs Or A Combo Of The Two (all I had were breasts)
- 1 whole Onion (large), Sliced Into Chunks
- 1 can (20 Oz. Size) Pineapple (you can use the juice if you want it sweeter)
- 1 bottle (18 To 20 Oz. Size) BBQ Sauce Of Your Choice (I used Stubb’s original)
- Hamburger Buns Or Kaiser Rolls (I used pretzel rolls)
What to do:
- Place your chicken in the bottom of the crock pot. Top with onions, then pineapple. Pour the entire bottle of BBQ sauce over the whole thing.
- Note: If you want a sweeter BBQ, add up to half a cup of the pineapple juice you drained, depending on how sweet you want it. This is optional.
- Turn your crock pot on LOW and cook for 8–10 hours (or on HIGH for 4–6).
- An hour or two before it is finished cooking, carefully remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred it using two forks. Place chicken back in the crock pot and stir well to combine.
- Finish cooking an additional hour or two so the chicken can absorb most of the sauce. Serve on roll of choice and top with coleslaw if desired.