I needed something easy to share for a work event and this was a recipe I actually had everything on hand for! It’s simple being it only requires 4 ingredients (5, if you sprinkle it with sea salt) and takes 15 minutes to make. Let it cool, cut it up, and it’s ready to go! I’m making another batch for a little mini-getaway with my man and a couple of our friends. I know they’ll go fast 🙂
Easy Toffee Pretzel Bark
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 ounces mini pretzels (slightly broken up, or left whole)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- sprinkle of sea salt (optional)
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 375 and line a cookie sheet (one with a little lip so that it doesn’t spill over) with foil.
- Spread pretzels evenly over the pan, slightly breaking up the pretzels (or not, if you’re not feelin’ it)
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar, stirring slightly over medium heat.
- Once it comes to a rolling boil, stop stirring and let it sit for 3 minutes. It’ll get nice and frothy.
- Pour mixture immediately over pretzels. Don’t worry if it’s not perfect, the mixture will spread when it’s baking.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Once time’s up, take the pan out and pour the chocolate morsels over the pretzel/candy mixture. Let it sit for another 5 minutes so that the chocolate softens.
- Spread the chocolate evenly, let it cool (I popped the pan in my freezer to speed up the process), cut into chunks, and you’re ready to serve! Store any leftovers in an airtight container.