I’ve never been the biggest fish fan. However, over the past couple of years, I have been giving it another try. I have come to find that tilapia is one of my favorites- it’s light and doesn’t have a fishy flavor. So, when I came across this recipe, I decided to give it a shot! It was a hit and I served it with garlic/lemon brussels sprouts and roasted potatoes. I can’t wait to experiment with different ways to fix up tilapia!
Oven Baked Blackened Tilapia
What you’ll need:
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 T Paprika
- 1 t salt
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 t black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t thyme
- 1 t oregano
- 1/2 t garlic powder
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 425 convection. Combine 3 T paprika, 1 t salt, 1 T onion powder,1 t black pepper, 1/2 to 1 t cayenne pepper, 1 t dry thyme, 1 t dry oregano and 1/2 t garlic powder.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and add 2 T olive oil. Brush it over the foil in any area that will have fish.
- Rinse and pat dry 1 pound of tilapia. Brush with olive oil. Cover the fillets with the spices and rub it in (both sides).
- Place on the oiled pan and give a light spray of PAM. Place in the preheated oven.
- If you want a homemade tarter sauce, combine 1/3 cup mayo, 2 t lemon juice, 1 t sweet pickle relish and 1/4 t onion powder. Mix well.
- Cook until nicely brown and flaky. This is about 10-11 minutes for big fillets and a minute or two less for small to medium fillets.