A couple of months ago I had Brussels sprouts for the first time. My mind was blown! They’ve gotten a bad rap, which is where I based my opinion from (shame on me). Fortunately, I was offered a shaved Brussels sprouts salad and loved it. Since then, I have had a few different variations on a Brussels sprouts salad, made them with butter and salt (simple yet sooo good), and now this one. They’re fantastic! Not to mention, they’re super good for you! I hope you like them as much as I do!
Lemon Garlic Brussels Sprouts
What you’ll need:
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, rinsed, stem removed/outer layer peeled, cut in half
- 4 T. olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 T. parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Heat oil in pan over medium/high heat. Once hot, place prepared Brussels sprouts in oil and sauté 7 minutes on each side, until fully cooked. Add garlic half way through cooking.
- Turn heat to low, add lemon juice to pan. Mix well, add salt and pepper. (You may also add the lemon zest for extra flavor)
- Serve with grated cheese on top.