We’re definitely in the heart of fall here in Chicagoland. The air has been so fresh- I love it! This means that I have an excuse to try all sorts of soup and stew recipes, hence tonight’s dinner. To go along with this soup, I made a garlic-rubbed grilled cheese and tomato panini on some sourdough I just bought- it was the perfect pair! The soup was creamy and had so much flavor. The Italian Seasoning was an unexpected but perfect addition! Give this a shot- you won’t be disappointed.
Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
What you’ll need:
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 2 10 3/4 cans of condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbs. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 9 oz. cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, for garnish
What to do:
- Sauté garlic with the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get too brown or burnt.
- When the garlic is done, add tomato soup, tomatoes, half and half, chicken stock and spices. Bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, drop tortellini into the soup. Cook according to the package directions.
- After tortellini are cooked, ladle soup into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.