Let me start by saying that I love appetizers. I could have random samplers for a meal and be set. This dip, however, is different. I don’t want anything else. Just. This. I could sit with the pan of this with a bag of chips and INHALE it. It is ooey-gooey in all the right ways, has the perfect amount of heat, and the cilantro on top just sets it over the edge. Might I add that this is one of those recipes that everyone asks for after they try it? It’s perfection.
Hot Corn Dip
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups shredded chedder cheese
- 1 cup shredded Montery Jack
- 2 tbs chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced small
- 1 small can (4oz) diced green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 11oz can of corn, drained
- 1 small tomato
- 2 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbs green onions, sliced thin
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cheeses, chipotle and green peppers, mayo, garlic powder and corn together. Pour into an oven safe dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly
- Top with diced tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro (the more cilantro, the better- trust me). Serve immediately with tortilla chips.