Yes, another pasta dish. What can I say- I love me some carbs! This dish made me very happy- there’s something about creamy pasta that just makes your heart smile 🙂 I tell myself that it’s still healthy because of the spinach- does anyone else do that? Yes? Ok good.
Lemon Angel Hair with Chicken and Spinach
What you’ll need:
- 2-4 boneless chicken breasts with or without rib meat
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1/2 t. paprika
- 2-3 T. olive oil
For the pasta:
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 t. crushed red pepper
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 3/4 c. half-and-half
- 1 c. Parmesan, grated (or shredded)
- 1 c. baby spinach, stems removed
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
What to do:
For the chicken:
- Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl. Coat the chicken breasts in the seasoning, rubbing in to coat.
- Pour olive oil in the bottom of a Dutch oven, and heat to med-high. When nice and hot, add chicken to the pan (in batches if necessary). Cook 2-3 min per side. If any chicken has been removed, add it back to the Dutch oven.
- Place uncovered Dutch oven in a 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until juices run clear. Let sit on a plate 5-10 minutes before cutting into chunks.
For the pasta:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Salt the water well, and add pasta.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat. Add oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Cook until the oil sizzles (about 7-10 minutes).
- Add lemon juice, half-and-half, and a ladle of the pasta water to the garlic oil mixture. Raise the heat to med-low to med heat until the sauce begins to bubble.
- Drain pasta – DO NOT RINSE. Add the pasta, zest, and 1/2 c. Parmesan to the cream sauce. Toss for a minute or two.
- Add chicken and spinach, and toss until well distributed. Top with remaining cheese.