Now that the new school year is right around the corner (I finally am teaching a class of my very own!!) I have been very busy preparing for my first graders. This means less time for cooking and time to get creative. Thank goodness from the crockpot! I slapped it on a bun and it not only tasted amazing but also tasted just as amazing as leftovers! Note that this chicken calls for a thinner/runnier barbecue sauce- you’ll definitely want to follow that so you don’t have barbecue sauce caked and crusted on the sides of your crockpot! I hope you enjoy this chicken as much as my family and I did! Let me know if you serve this in a way other than sandwiches!
Crockpot Barbecue Beer Chicken
What you’ll need:
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 6 large)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces of beer
- 32 ounces of barbecue sauce
- Hamburger buns/ pretzel rolls (if making sandwiches out of the chicken)
What to do:
- Season chicken with onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add to crockpot, then add beer and 24 ounces of barbecue sauce.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, tossing once or twice if desired.
- After 8 hours, shred and add remaining barbecue sauce. Toss chicken to coat and let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving to absorb everything. Serve as desired.