For years, my family made the same version of a shrimp pasta recipe, which I posted here. We still find it delicious, yet are open to trying new versions. When I saw this one, I decided to go for it and although it wasn’t anything super special, it was still good. I think the biggest thing I found was that the Land O Lakes® Italian Herb Sauté Express® square wasn’t the quite the match for the shrimp as I expected. The Italian Herb flavor seems a better fit with pork or chicken. Maybe I’ll try this again with the Garlic & Herb Sauté Express® Sauté Starter squares instead? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Italian Shrimp Caprese Pasta
What you’ll need:
- 8 ounces uncooked dried linguine
- 2 Land O Lakes® Italian Herb Sauté Express® squares
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella pearls or cubed mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
What to do:
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Melt Sauté Express® squares in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat just until bubbles begin to form. Add shrimp.
Sauté 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil; stir until coated and heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.