If it isn’t obvious from my last several posts, I’m a big cilantro fan, so this dish was a hit! It’s pretty easy, pretty basic, yet packed with flavor! I suppose you could just eat this as is but I served it in tortillas with some cheese.. you don’t need to add much else- there’s already a lot to the chicken.
Crockpot Cilantro-Lime Chicken
What you’ll need:
- 1 (16 oz.) jar salsa
- 1 (1.25 oz.) Package dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tbs. cilantro, chopped
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
What to do:
- Place the salsa, taco seasoning, lime juice, and cilantro into a slow cooker, and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts, and stir to coat with the salsa mixture.
- Cover the cooker, set to High, and cook until the chicken is very tender, about 4 hours. If desired, set cooker to Low and cook 6 to 8 hours.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks to serve.