When I saw the title of this recipe, I knew I had to give it a try. I love trying new ways to doctor up chicken breasts and a basil cream sauce sounded perfect. I served the chicken over pasta (shocker) and it was amazing. The creamy sauce combined with the crispy and flavorful chicken made my belly very, very happy 🙂 I’ll definitely make this again- give it a shot!
Herb Crusted Chicken in Basil Cream Sauce
What you’ll need:
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, pounded thin
- Desired pasta
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Progresso Garlic & Herb Bread Crumbs
- 2 teaspoons ‘Perfect Pinch’ Roasted Garlic and Bell Pepper Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freeze dried chives
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 can of Italian diced tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese blend
- 2 Tablespoons freeze dried (or fresh) basil
- dash of fresh ground black pepper
What to do:
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Place bread crumbs, Roasted Garlic and Bell Pepper Seasoning and freeze dried chives in a shallow bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Place milk in a separate shallow bowl.
- In a skillet, heat butter on medium heat. Meanwhile, pound chicken flat and thin for even cooking.
- Dip the chicken in the milk, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Cook chicken in butter until browned and cooked through (about ten minutes). Remove and keep warm
- In the same skillet, add garlic and saute for approximately 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir occasionally to loosen browned parts from the pan.
- Stir in cream and tomatoes; bring to a boil and stir for one minute.
- Reduce heat to low; add Parmesan cheese, basil and a dash of pepper, stir sauce and cook until heated through and thickened. (about 5 minutes)
- Serve by pouring the sauce over the chicken and pasta.