First off, let me tell you that I made a rookie mistake tonight when making this dish. When planning for it, I looked at the ingredients to see what I needed to pick up at the store and didn’t read the directions until I started cooking. I noticed that the directions said to refrigerate overnight or until cold. Well, I definitely didn’t have time to wait so I decided to try it warm.. I hope I’m not offending anyone with this! I have enough for leftovers so I’ll try it cold for lunch tomorrow 🙂
Spicy Thai Noodles (original recipe)
What you’ll need:
- 1 box linguine or angel hair pasta (I used linguine)
- 1-2 tbsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 6 tbsp. honey
- 6 tbsp. soy sauce
- Green onion, cilantro, peanuts, and sesame seeds to top
What to do:
- Boil noodles, drain.
- Chop green onions, cilantro, and peanuts
- Over medium heat, heat oils and red pepper flakes in a small pan (I used a tad less than 1 tbsp. because I’m a wimp when it comes to too much spice)
- Strain pepper, reserve oils
- Whisk in honey and soy sauce to the pan with the oils
- Toss mixture with noodles.
- Refrigerate overnight or until cold (again, I decided to try it warm…oops)
- When serving, top with green onion, cilantro, peanuts and sesame seeds. Serve cold.
Let me know what you think!