I found this recipe on Pinterest (my new obsession) and loved the fact that it was easy to make and sounded a dish right up my alley. It makes enough for leftovers too 🙂
What you’ll need:
1 (16 oz) box regular or whole wheat penne pasta
2 chicken breasts
6 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp rosemary
1 (24 oz) jar tomato sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
What to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a small baking dish, and bake the chicken 25-30 minutes or until it is no longer pink in the center (if I’m lazy I just boil the chicken breasts) . Cut into bite-sized pieces, and then shred using a fork.
2. Cook pasta according to directions.
3. When finished cooking the pasta, add the spinach into the hot water with the pasta and stir just until the spinach wilts. Pour the pasta and spinach into a colander to strain.
4. Pour the sauce into a large pot, and add the spices. Simmer over low-medium heat. Add in the shredded chicken and stir until well-combined.
5. In a large bowl (or the large pot you have the sauce in), combine the chicken and pasta mixtures with half the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
6. Pour into a greased 9×13″ baking dish, and sprinkle with the other halves of the cheeses. Bake for about 20 minutes or until heated through.